Saturday 3 January 2015

Promise


You were sitting there on that rock
It seemed like you were waiting for someone
I was not very far away but I knew you were in another world
You had your eyes open staring at me and yet I knew you were looking through me
Your eyes told me nothing about you
The glassy look, the expressionless face
I never once got how you did it
How you hid all your emotions so well
Then the wave came and splashed upon you and washed off your mask
And then I really saw you
The fright the courage and the hope
I saw the story behind your eyes
I saw the hurt the deceit the thirst for revenge
The determination to protect what you love
The hurt in your eyes scared me but the hope made me hold on
I came towards you and you smiled
And I silently promised never to let that smile fade away
          2009 



1 comment: